OUR SHOP AT THE TRON KIRK
Our shop is lucky enough to be on a World Heritage site, located inside the historic Tron Kirk on Edinburgh's famous Royal Mile. This is right in the heart of the historic Old Town which forms part of Edinburgh's World Heritage site.
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic our shop is closed to visitors until further notice but you may shop online.
With its towering spire the Tron has always been an important landmark and a gathering point for locals, particularly at New Year. The church dates back to 1636 and the original design was influenced by Dutch architecture. The Tron takes its name from the public weighing beam that once stood outside on the Royal Mile, where traders sold their wares. The building has undergone some changes since it was first built, most notably during the 18th century during the construction of the New Town when it was reduced in size to make way for North and South bridge. The hammerbeam roof is one of two which still survive in Scotland today.
Directly beneath our shop floor are the archaeological remains of Marlin's Wynd, the ealiest paved street in Scotland dating back to the 1540's. This was only disovered during relatively recent excavations in 1974.
The Tron Kirk is under the care of Edinburgh World Heritage