It's a year since we took over our new premises on St Mary's Street in, so what better time to look at the changes to our store over the past 12 months.
As many of you will remember, our original shop was inside the majestic Tron Kirk, on Edinburgh's Royal Mile, with Scotland's oldest street (Marlyn's Wynd dating back to 1503) lying just below our floor, it was certainly a very special location for us to start out.
Sadly the Tron closed in March 2020 and at the time of writing has still not reopened its doors. Finding a new home became a priority by November 2020 and we were lucky enough to stumble upon 20 St Mary's Street, which we moved into the following February 2021. It has to be said, not many businesses were opening up new retail premises at that time but for us it was a step in the right direction as we finally had our own shop windows, heating and running water!
Our new premises is slightly further down the Royal Mile towards the Canongate and we are lucky enough to have artisan neighbours Kilberry Bagpipes, Gordon Nicolson Kiltmaker and Mackenzie Leather just across the street. We are working together to give St Mary's Street an identity synonymous with authentic Scottish made goods.
The exterior in November 2020
Our shop front today... It's not so easy to take a photo in the street now as there is considerably more traffic than during lockdown!
The interior has changed considerably since we moved in and this is what it looks like today with help from Craig and Rose Scottish paints....
Come and pay us a visit in store! We are at 20 St Mary's Street, Edinburgh.